SASC – Southern Arizona Safety Council
ABOUT SASC – August, November, February and May finds the Southern Arizona Chapter of ASSE joining with the City of Tucson, American Builders Association (ABA), Tucson Utility Contractors Association (TUCA), and other groups to offer a combined meeting. This joint meeting is held from 8:30 until noon in the Training Room at Granite Construction Company, 4115 East Illinois, Tucson, Arizona. There is no cost for the SASC meeting. Each meeting has a different key topic. Regular agenda items include training announcements, a round table discussion and an update from the Arizona Department of Occupational Safety and Health.
ASSE Sponsored Courses from the UC San Diego OSHA Training Institute – (All classes held 2675 E. Broadway, Tucson, AZ. To Register: go to http://osha.ucsd.edu/ or call 800-358-9206.
For details – See Scheduled EVENTS.
Periodic courses include:
- OSHA 500 – Trainer Course for Construction
- OSHA 501 – Trainer Course for General Industry
- OSHA 502 – Construction Training Course Refersher
- OSHA 503 – General Industry Trainer Course Refresher
- OSHA 510 – OSHA Standards for Construction
- OSHA 511 – OSHA Standards for General Industry
- 7505 – Accident Investigation
- OSHA 521 – Industrial Hygiene
- 3095 – Electric High Voltage
Other Offerd Courses:
Sponsored by Arizona Builders’ Alliamce Check this web site for available dates.
- 10 hr-OSHA Safety Class
- 30-Hr OSHA Construction Safety & Health Course
- 16 Hr – EM 385 1-1 Awareness (US Army Copr of Engineers Safety & Health Manual)
- Scaffold Hazards & Awareness
- Blood Borne Pathogens & First Aid Requirements
Programs sponsored by Alliance of Construction Trades: Check this web site for available dates or call (520) 624-3002.
- OSHA Forklift & Rigging Training
- Permit Required Confined Space Work
- Excavation Competent Person
- AZ Biz Con
Other related sites:
- ETC Compliance Solutions – OSHA, MSHA, DOT, EPA – Training & Management Services
- Arizona Chapter National Safety Council
- Tucson Utility Contractors Association
- Arizona Blue Stake
- Scaffold & Access Industry Association
- McCraren Compliance
And, Cancer related programs sponsored by The U of A Cancer Center: Check this web site for program availability or call (520) 626-1037.